Christmas is so much more than just celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I was reminded it sacrament meeting today of just how miraculous His entire life really is. It was miraculous how and where he was born. He is the Son of our Heavenly Father and a mortal woman. He was born among animals, straw, hay, and dirt.
He performed miracles probably everyday. He actually raised the dead back to life. He healed sicknesses that were fatal. He forgave those who thought they couldn't be forgiven. He smiled at and loved those who thought they couldn't be loved.
And the single most greatest event in all of history and forever to come, he suffered for my sins. He actually felt pain so much that he bled from every pore. I've heard that if a mortal man was to actually feel so much pain that he literally bled from even one pore, he would likely die from it. Think of how many pores are actually on your entire body, or even just your nose or face!
He knows what sadness feels like, happiness, holidays, family times, joy, depression, loyalty, and betrayal. He knows what hard work feels like, and breaking your arm, graduating from school, and loneliness. It is the most incredible occurrence and He did it so that I could live with Him again. He suffered so that you can live with Him again. Because he loves us, He loves me, He loves you.
And best of all, even though he died on that cross, He still lives. He'll live forever just as we can live forever, if only we will remember Him. If only we remember Him in all that we do, we would remember the covenants that we've made. We'd remember to keep the commandments. We'd remember to love everyone and treat them as if they are your brother or sister, because they are.
Christmas is a time for us to remember the beginning of our Redeemer's mortal life.
Christmas is a time for us to share our love for the Savior with everyone around us.
Christmas is a time for us to give thanks to our Creator for the gift of His Son.
The greatest Gift of all.
12.21.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Mindi..your family is so dang cute. I can't believe how big your little guy is. You look like you are having so much fun with him. Congrats..May huh?! Graduation..good job!!
Mindi,
I love it, I think I'll read it everyday just so I can remember what this season is really for.
Post a Comment