I love Relief Society. I love the errand the Lord has given to us as women. I love visiting teaching. I love being able to listen to our leaders and feel so energized about doing the Lord's work. This is truly his plan for us and it is our duty to ensure the spiritual welfare of our sisters. How blessed are we to have that calling? Not only to nurture our children and our family, to help each other out; to lift up our dear friends; to lift up others that we just met; to make acquaintances into sisters and to truly love them.
"The errand of angels is given to women;
And this is a gift that, as sisters, we claim:
To do whatsoever is gentle and human,
To cheer and to bless in humanity's name." -Hymn: As Sisters in Zion
"Sisters, now more than ever, we need women to step up and be strong. We need women who declare the truth with strength, faith, and boldness. We need women to set and example of righteousness. We need women to be 'anxiously engaged in a good cause.' We need to live so that our lives bear witness that we love our Heavenly Father and the Savior Jesus Christ and that we will do what They have asked us to do." Sister Thompson, General RS Presidency

1 comment:
What a great post. I share in your excitement after the RS meeting. Thanks for the reminder to go and do :)
Post a Comment