"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

11.12.2009

Tonight

So apparently when hubby's gone for the weekend and the child is fast asleep I can get so much done! I've had a fabulous evening doing WHAT-EVER-I-WANT-WHEN-EVER-I-WANT. Even the motel has cooperated with me and not been incredibly busy with interruptions all evening.

Check it out... I finally figured out how to upload videos using the movie program that came with my Mac. It was never the right file type for blogger and I've figured it out. Super!

So here is that Halloween video that I so desperately wanted to show off.
How cute is my boy. I mean, seriously.

On another note, I found a dress for the military ball next Saturday. It's currently getting altered to fit my shoulders and taking a little off the bottom. Love it. For lack of all the right descriptive words and phrases, I'll just say for now that it's a deep red color, fits me great, and I love it. Pictures will do better than I can describe. I am so excited for a wonderful date night with my super fantasticness of a husband. Our schedules are pretty busy. He's gone completely all day long (i.e. 5:00 to 5:00 or 6:00) and then our evenings are somewhat interrupted every little bit checking in guests for the motel. We're trying to figure out a new schedule of things to make sure that we are doing everything with our day that we want (i.e. scriptures, prayers, family time, etc). Sometimes my days have been so hectic and stressful that I'm in a bad mood when he comes home and then I'm grouchy for the only time I get to be with him. Do any of you ever have that problem when you're staying home with your kids? I know it's not good and I'm trying to be better. It's worse when I'm tired cuz even little things bug me.

I just decided I need to talk to people more during the day so that I'm not going on and on in my blog like this. Boring for you to read. I need friends. Or a car and then I can go shopping and stuff in the morning when the motel is slow. That's what I need. Anyone want to buy me a car?

5 comments:

Ben and Michelle said...

oh what a cute little movie! I am so happy we are blog friends now!!!

Woodstock Family said...

So excited to see all the wives in their ball gowns! The only advice (if you can call it advice) I can give you is, just remember, your hubby has been gone all day too and is probably looking to come home and have a haven, a place where he is loved and where laughter is found. Don't stress about the little stuff, everything always works out! You're an amazing mother!

The Holmgrens said...

Mindi, I admire you. You are keeping a positive attitude. I couldn't handle your job. I told Justin the minute they told me I was going to get woke up in the middle of the night, or have to wake up at 4:45 I would have been like, "H E double toothpicks no." I admire how well you have handle everything. Way to go! I also agree that Nathan is pretty stinking cute! I would love to buy you a car...but I can't.:) I know how it is to be a one car family. It is hard. Too bad we don't live closer. Love ya!

Keri said...

Mindi, I'm glad to hear that you get grouchy at your husband too at the end of a long stressful day at home with your boy! It really is a tough job to stay home and stay happy! And even harder to be a support to your man when all you want is to be taken care of...at least that is how I feel. I've always had such respect for you, and I'm glad to hear you feel that way because I feel that way often! It is nice to know that I'm not alone in that feeling! Sorry about your car...Some day when I have the car I'd love to come out and visit you!

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Something that I have found that helps both Ben and I be better when he gets home from a long day is pretty music in the background (Christmas right now) or put something out that smells nice.. like light a candle. It doesn't Always work, but it does help :)