"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

6.04.2010

Finally Presenting the 2nd Lieutenant

Pictures to prove this event really took place.


Corey was sworn in by retired Chaplain Colonel Humphreys. He was the institute teacher who inspired this whole chaplain road in the first place.

"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; so help me God."




Corey's mom, Kathy, and I pinned on the butter bars.








Corey's brother, Dallen, well actually Staff Sergeant Holmgren of the Air Force, was his first salute.

















Sometimes family pictures turn out like this.

5 comments:

Grandma P said...

Great to see the pictures. Congratulations Corey we are proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Corey! That is such an accomplishment. And like Grandma, I love the pics!

*Katie* said...

Great pictures!! So glad we're there (and it's over!!) Sorry we missed out on the movie the other day -- let's plan a day trip to Bear Lake or something, k?

Jacqueline said...

I love your hair! I'm sure I've told you that before. It's beautiful. It fits you!

Go Corey!

Nathan is so stinking cute. He looks just like you.

Give your parents a hug from me!

Keri said...

Congrats!!! We're so happy for you!