Corey and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on September 1st. We went to The Melting Pot. It was really fun to get out for a date night. We liked the restaurant but would order completely different items next time! Almost all our fondue had alcohol in it! We let it cook awhile before we tried it, but we still felt a little funny. It did taste good though and was a fun atmosphere.
September 1st was also exactly 30 weeks! Here's a crazy fact, this baby girl has the hiccups literally everyday, sometimes 2 or 3 times. It's hard to say exactly when they started, but I think they started about when we moved in and have continued on.
This was Nathan's first day of Kindergarten, September 3rd!! He was so excited. We were too. I was good and didn't cry, but I was really anxious to go pick him up. He was very ready for kindergarten and it's kind of funny that he's going to the same elementary school I went to.
School starting meant that I attempted potty training. It lasted a whole 2 days and I gave up. She wasn't ready. We'd talk about it but she didn't even go pee in the potty once for the whole 2 days. I was really wanting her to be trained before baby girl is born, but it's probably not going to happen. This was September 5th.
We had Governor's Day again, September 14th. I've started helping with the FRG in Corey's unit which means that I help with things like this (among others things). We had fun taking pictures of people :)
Grandma is the cook on the weekends and I cook during the week. When grandma cooks on Sundays, she usually makes some kind of special treat. September 22nd was apple crisp with vanilla ice cream. Apparently the kids kind of liked it.
There was a fun run at the school for a PTA fundraiser, September 27th. The kids ran in the HorizonK to earn money. Parents could join if they wanted. Corey was the only parent I think who ran with the kindergarteners. Nathan thought it was pretty great. I just clapped and cheered. :)
Our days have been full of school, reading, homework, nap time (for Nora and mom), cooking food and making sure Dad gets all his homework done. We're getting into a routine of our new life down here and it feels really good to have some stress relief from the motel job.








No comments:
Post a Comment