"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

12.10.2014

No more bandages




Lexie has no more bandages! Just this slight compression glove. They thought it looked really good but are concerned about how tight the muscle is below her thumb, that fleshy part. She's really holding in her thumb and if I don't massage and stretch it, her hand could heal with her thumb tucked in a little. We don't have to go back now for another checkup until after Christmas. 

So yesterday I started the massaging. I asked about using the homemade lotion I made during the summer. The PT thought that was fine. I've still never mentioned I use essential oils, though. I'm still not quite brave enough to just bring it up myself and there hasn't been an opportunity either. I decided to use a drop of Deep Blue yesterday with the lotion, thinking about her tight muscle. She protests a little. I got in two good messaging/stretching sessions yesterday. Each were about 15 minutes. I also used Immortelle blend last night, thinking about creating some elasticity in her skin. 

This morning I used both oils and got in a 30 minute session! Meanwhile, she's had a fever since yesterday morning. So right now Lexie is asleep on my chest. 

P.S. There are two other kids in this family and I don't favor Lexie, haha, there's just been a lot going on with her!

1 comment:

valerie said...

poor poor girl.. I can't even imagine how it hurts. Glad it is healing well.