"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

6.05.2009

Is Murray weird?

On Thursday, we went to my brother's 9th grade promotion. Corey thought it was the weirdest thing to have a graduation-like ceremony just for moving onto 10th grade. I don't think anything of it! I remember having a kindergarten, 6th grade, 9th grade, and of course high school promotion/graduation. He only got a high school graduation.

Is Murray weird and the only place where this happens, or is Tremonton weird and needs to catch up with the times a little??

9 comments:

Kendall said...

no thats pretty weird.. I'm with Corey.. sorry mindi..

Jay Strong said...

Mindi, is that Mrs. Froh?!?! Talk about the coolest teacher at that school!!

The Bowler Five said...

I this murray is weird!:)

Jessica said...

I'm totally with you Mindi -- But maybe its because I grew up in Murray.

Tai and Joe said...

I am with Corey, Murray is weird. But then Corey and I grew up in Box Elder County. Parker is growing up so fast.

Michelle said...

I went to school in Kearns, not far from Murray, and we did have a 9th grade promotion with a special dance and everything so maybe we can be weird together?

Kristalyn said...

Umm...Well, if you want my oh-so-very-important-and-educated opinion I would have to go with, "Why YES Mindi. That is very, very weird..." You graduate from High School & College if you are normal. But since you are not quite so normal... We'll love you anyway

The Holmgrens said...

I think that is weird, but I think Tremonton is weird too! (Yes, I scored brownie points with both of you!)

Zann said...

Nope, it's totally Murray that's weird.