This is a regular conversation at our house...
N: (jiberish)
M: What?
N: (more jibberish)
M: I don't know what you're saying. Try again.
N: (slightly more audible jibberish)
M: Chocolate milk? (or something in a similar nature)
N: Ok! (As if I just asked him if he wanted some chocolate milk.)
M: Um, you can have chocolate milk after we eat dinner. But we need to eat first.
N: Oh... (as he bows his head in disappointment and walks away.)
Nathan will often come up to me and hug my legs and say "I wuv you, Mom." "I love you, too, Nathan."
Nathan loves being outside. He is always running everywhere. Loves slides. Loves swings. Loves jumping. Loves rocks. Loves water. All day. Everyday.
I've started 'school time' a few mornings a week. We read stories, do math, science, art projects, learn numbers, letters, color, and just have fun learning and teaching new things. Nathan loves books and us reading to him. Since Dad reads for school, he'll find something sitting around and tell me that he's reading a book. I'll ask him if he's reading a book like Dad and he says "Yes. I love books, Mom. Do you love books?" "Yes, Mom loves books." "Dad, do you love books?" "Yes, Dad loves books, too." "Me too, Dad! Me too!"
Yesterday, we asked Nathan if he wanted to go to the park or the farm (Corey's Grandpa's farm that is now being run by his aunt and uncle right here in Tremonton.) He said the farm and started running to the door to go. The big barn has recently been cleaned out and there is now a stage set up in there with an old time ice cream parlor counter and red velvet seating. And you can't forget the rope swing. Which Nathan loves.
Rides on the lawn mower with Grandpa and the tractor with both Dad and Grandpa made Nathan's Labor Day even more fun. Anything Dad or Grandpas need help with, Nathan is right there to be in the way, I mean, help with anything they need.
I think I have a linear child. He's always putting blocks, movies, Legos, whatever in a line. Good or bad?
I know one thing for sure. Man, I love this kid.


5 comments:
He's getting so big! DEFINATELY a stud muffin :)
You are probably the best mom I know how good you are to take time to do things like school where do you get your ideas to do with him?
Wow! He is getting so big!
Yeah seriously, school time? I would have never thought of that!! I feel so lazy! Oh, and I guess I have a linear child too because Jaden does the same thing!! He's so meticulous in everything he does. Nathan is such a cutie!
School time, what a fantastic idea! You ARE a good mom:) O' and happy late anniversary! Sounds like you stayed in quite the room, my goodness:)
Post a Comment