"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

9.20.2010

Some updates

1. Nathan got a hair cut. He didn't even cry. Oh. My. Gosh.
2. I cut Corey's hair for the first time and it was good.
3. I am in such a good mood today. I just feel so blessed and happy to be where I'm at right now.
4. Corey took a PT test during this last weekend's drill. His score was 328. A perfect score is 300. He did 70+ push ups in 2 minutes, 80+ sit ups in 2 minutes, and ran the 2 mile run in 12:something. That's my soldier.
5. I am LOVING 'school time'. And so is Nathan. Who would've thought. We have so much fun together.
6. The motel is starting to slow down again and I am so ready for some calmer nights.
7. I love that it is getting cooler. I love fall.
8. We started getting the weekend newspaper. I have had 2 very successful shopping trips with coupons. I think I'm gonna like this.
9. I have pictures to post which I will do soon.

3 comments:

*Katie* said...

You're back! YAY!! And um, wow. Tell Corey he's AWESOME!! 328! That's incredible :) You'll have to teach me to coupon.

The Candlands said...

I am so happy that you are happy! And Corey is 'da man'! Miss you guys!

Aaron and JaNell said...

Please tell Corey to do some push ups and sit ups for me. I am way too lazy to do them myself!
Glad to hear things are well.