"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

3.30.2011

3 Years Old

I know it's been over a month...there's been so many things going on. The carpet looks great. We really love it. Our new furniture for the living room will be here on Friday, so maybe pics will come of that soon. Nathan's been sleeping in his 'new room' downstairs awesome. He really likes it. There's still no doors downstairs, but those will come soon. I painted my bedroom set from growing up black to go in Nathan's room. It all turned out good, but I still haven't put the handles on the drawers. Nora's room is coming along nicely. The crib is all ready. I've got clothes washed and put in drawers. I painted Nathan's old bookshelf, the one that was blue and red, green and yellow for her room. I've started a list of things I still need, but everything is coming along great. Nothing is done yet, though. Which is the main reason I haven't taken pictures of anything. Soon. Hopefully.

Now, on to WAY more exciting things...

Nathan turned 3 YEARS OLD on March 15th.




We had a little cake-and-ice-cream-get-together for him the Sunday before. Mom and Dad got him a new bike. Now if only it would stop raining/snowing and be a little warm for us to really enjoy going outside to use it. Soon. Hopefully.



 Grama, Grampa, and Uncle Parker got him this car rug, some cars, and a remote control truck. The truck was opened before people even got there. Nathan apparently couldn't help it. They were all a total hit though. I couldn't even get him to pose for a picture with them.




I had my camera on the wrong setting so Nathan is totally blurry in these pictures. He loves blowing out candles though and being sung to.




He was talking about his birthday for weeks before. We were at my parents house and he brought down 3 candles my mom had on display in her bathroom. He put them across the table and asked us to all sing Happy Birthday to Nathan. The Sunday before his birthday, he got a birthday thing in nursery. His nursery leader said "K, everybody say Happy Birthday." and Nathan says, "No, it's Happy Birthday to Nathan." So everybody had to say "Happy Birthday to Nathan." He's still bringing up his birthday to complete strangers wherever we go and to guests as they check in to the motel. Such a goofball.


Nathan's well-child checkup went really good. He weighs 32 lbs and is just under 38 inches tall, both right on the 50% line. He had to do an eye exam which was eventful and funny. Good thing he knows his shapes so well. He's 20/30 in both eyes. They also took his blood pressure. He kept telling me "Look, Mom, it squeezes. It squeezes my arm." He kept the doctor and nurses laughing the whole time. He's very talkative, like all the time. It kind of reminds me of those search overload commercials. He goes from one thing to another, and sometimes they're not even close to being related.

His pictures were kind of hard, he kept cheeseballing his smile, so we didn't get a ton of ones I liked. What a little man. It's crazy he's so old already. I'm almost the mom of a preschooler! I love it.






I couldn't help but look back on some past pictures...
































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Nathan!! I can't believe he is 3! What a stud muffin!

:) said...

I just love Nathan, what a great kid... (means great parents too :)) I love all his hair over his 3 years, what a stud!

The Ballash Blog said...

How cute!!! It's so fun to look back at pictures to see how much they have grown