"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

4.15.2011

Ultrasound

I had my ultrasound on Tuesday. Everything is good. Well, except for the fact that I'm really not that far ahead so I still have like 4-5 weeks. I was secretly hoping that somehow I'd be able to say that I only have like 2 weeks left. But, that's ok. 

Everything measured fine. They said she weighed 5 lbs 8 oz, which is right on for how far along I was. Her head was really low and they had a hard time getting a measurement. They had to wait until she moved a little. She had a good heartbeat and we could even see her chest moving up and down a little, 'breathing'. They said the reason I'm measuring big is because of extra fluid. Not anything to be worried about. They really don't know why sometimes that happens, but everything is fine. They asked if she moved around a lot and I said "Yeah, at certain times. But she's kind of a rollie-pollie more than a kicker or puncher." Then they said that made sense because of how much fluid I had. She's just in her own little swimming pool rolling around.

At the very end, we got some pictures of her face. This made me way excited because at my last ultrasound, she wouldn't turn around so we only saw the back of her head. She was being really funny. She'd open her mouth, then stick out her tongue, then made a pouty face, then she smiled a little. I loved it. She's got a chin dimple like me, and big cheeks. Also like me. :) Check it out...


The smile and the best shot of the chin dimple.


Pouty face.


Just a cute face.


So Tuesday is my next doctor's appointment. I'm thinking they'll check me and maybe (cross my fingers) I'll have started a little? Maybe? Just a little? I can only hope... I just feel so massive and uncomfortable...

7 comments:

Kristy, Kole & Kids said...

Mindy, sorry you're still in this condition for another month. But I'm glad everything is fine and healthy. She's a cutie! 5' 8 already. My little Porter was only 5 10 when he was born but he's a chunker now. Good luck with your labor. Can anyone say "epidural?"

:) said...

I'm really glad all is well, that's great! She is so cute already, I love the dimple in her chin. How exciting!

*Katie* said...

You can already tell she's beautiful just like her mama!!! Good luck :) Can't wait to hear!

Jacqueline said...

She's simple beautiful Mindi Boo Boo :)

The Ballash Blog said...

How cute is she?!? I'm so excited for you guys!

Shellyce said...

She looks like you for sure! Cute as a button.

Wilkins Family said...

Wow Mindi--only 15 more days to go. Hooray! Ashton and I love the name that you guys have picked out--so cute. Oh, and I can completely sympathize with the massive and uncomfortable thing. You look beautiful though.