"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

1.28.2012

Biggest Loser: Week 3

Previous weight: 153
Current weight: 149

I lost 4 pounds! Totally surprised. I didn't really feel like I had lost anything and I had some not great food including a Chick-fil-A milkshake, fries, and birthday cake at a family party. I also really like peanut butter and can EASILY eat too much. I'm learning a lot about the number of calories in food and it's becoming easier to make healthy choices no matter where I am. I hope to continue the progress and continue to better my nutritional eating plan. I cut back on cardio the last two weeks and have focused primarily on building muscle by lifting weights. I am doing Jamie Eason's program from bodybuilding.com. I am also practicing to substitute a TurboKick class in a couple of weeks because the teacher is going to be out of town. This practicing has been happening at night and I think this was a good shock for my body because I always workout in the morning.

Over the next two weeks, my goals are to continue to clean up my diet and be a little more strict about the food I fuel it with. If I get hungry at night, I need to eat more clean foods, not processed, like vegetables and lean proteins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mindi you are doing awesome! Your hard work is paying off! PS I may or may not be addicted to peanut butter too. Maybe we should start a support group-PBA (peanut butter anonymous) :).