"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

4.10.2012

Biggest Loser: Final Weigh-in

Previous weight: 146
Current weight: 140

There it is. The magic number. It's a little crazy. I did go a little extreme these last 2 weeks trying to get there. I would work out for an hour or two both morning and night. There were a couple of days that I only did one or the other, but my goal was to burn at least an extra 1000 calories (have I ever mentioned that I got a bodybugg for Christmas?) My days are pretty active anyway, as any young mother could attest to, holding a baby, playing with kids, up and down the stairs a thousand times, etc etc. I also made a new menu to stick to for the last two weeks, which was a little bit hard, but I guess it did pay off. It was great to have Corey at the gym with me that day so that he could celebrate my success.

Final measurements
Bust: 34.5  *inches lost: -2.5
Waist: 28.0  *inches lost: -3.5
Abdomen: 29.5  *inches lost: -8.25
Hips: 35.5  *inches lost: -4.75
Thighs: 42.0  *inches lost: -4.0
Calves: 28.0  *inches lost: 0
Arms: 21.5  *inches lost: -.5
Total inches lost overall: -23.5
Body fat %: 16.1%  *total lost: -7.2%

I'm feeling a little lost now. I have no goal, no plan, my weightlifting program is done. It's a little weird. So this week is sort of my trial week. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do now.

3 comments:

Becca Lund said...

you are amazing, woman! I have felt the same way after running my 1/2 marathon a week and a half ago -- I don't know what to do with myself, and the motivation to keep up with all the running I WAS doing is super hard! Let me know if you figure out a trick so I can not turn into a giant blob of laziness! :)

Matt, Nat, Hallie & Gracelyn said...

Awesome way to go you are my inspiration girl post some before and after pics for us bad friends that haven't seen you

Woodstock Family said...

You are an inspiration to me, as I am still on my journey. But your ending weight is also my goal weight! Go figure! I'm also very happy that you have your sweetheart home with you!