"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

1.02.2014

New Year's





We went to Tremonton for New Year's this year. The kids still don't stay up until midnight, but they do get to stay up later. We got a room at the Marble to make sure the kids slept, and we slept, and give us a chance just by ourselves. They were exhausted!


Of course Lexie doesn't really sleep very good not at home, and she's only 7 weeks old so she definitely still wakes up during the night. But, we learn to cherish these moments, huh!


What a nice Aunt Kierstin we have to take a nap with Lexie!!


Here's a couple of thoughts I had about New Year's...
With many goals being made right now about losing weight, I would just like to say that being 'healthy' is more than just physical. Be healthy spiritually, mentally, and emotionally as well. There needs to be balance. Do not be so hard on yourself. Don't make your focus so much on what you look like - focus on how you feel. And just as a reminder...I speak from experience. (God back and read the blog post titled "My 'Me' Journey" if you don't know what I am talking about.)

No comments: