But, today I had to fight back the tears.
I lost all of our home videos.
Well, not me personally, but in a way, kind of. Our computer got a really bad virus. The kind that steals passwords and keeps downloading more and more things. The only way to get rid of it is to reinstall Windows. We'd been wanting a new computer anyway so we just used this as an excuse to buy one. We got an iMac (p.s. I really love it). So I started the process of transferring our files, school stuff, pictures, work stuff, etc. And I realized I forgot our videos. So today I turned on the old computer to finish my transfer and everything was gone. I couldn't do a thing. The keyboard wasn't working. All I could see was a plain black screen and the mouse arrow. The mouse worked, but there wasn't anything to click on. I'm dumbfounded. And really sad. The only videos we have now are the ones on this blog and a few from the last couple of weeks that I haven't taken off the camera. I never thought this would happen to me, so from now on, I guess I'll have to make a backup of everything on to CDs or something... Who has time to do everything twice though?

9 comments:
Dang! I HATE when this happens!! We too learned this crappy lesson the hard way! We now back everything up & use those DVD RW so we can use them over & over. I'm sorry you lost your movies. Maybe you could take it to BestBuy/GeekSquad OR Campus Tech HelpServices?? $$ Could be expensive but the movies are soo worth it 20 years from now!
Sad!!! I would suggest purchasing an external hard drive. You can just down load things twice and it is pretty easy and not too time consuming. Virus problems are the worst, especially when this happens.
That would be terrible! I am so sorry to hear that happened to you! We bought an external hard drive for about $100 and I think it holds 80GB or so. It was a great investment and I would recommend it to everyone! But it still doesn't make it any better...
That happened to us about a year ago! It was the saddest day of my life. That dreaded black screen. Shane decided to try something - he pulled the hard drive out of the laptop and went and bought a shell for it at best buy (it cost like $40) plugged the hard drive in and was able to get everything off the hard drive. Maybe you can save all the video's doing something similar. You can even borrow our hard drive shell thing if you want to try it out.
Mindi I am so very sad for you. I would be aside myself as well. Did you lose the video of you doing the model walk? I can send it to you again if you need it. I will look through our files as well to see if we have anything of you guys. We've got to have something. I'll let you know.
do you still have it? john said he might be able to get them off for you! let me know!!!
Oh Mindi, I'm so sorry! I hope some of these suggestions will work!
I'm going to repeat advice you've already been given because I think it's good advice. Get an external hard drive!! We bought one when we first got married and it's awesome! We back up everything on it. Also, a little over a year ago our computer died too and I took it to a computer place and they transferred everything from our old computer to our external hard drive and we didn't lose a thing. I would suggest trying that or having your friend do that hard drive shell thing. Good luck!
Mindi, I am so sorry you lost all your pictures. You should talk to someone who knows a lot about computers, maybe there is a way to get them off. Would you please tell me where you are getting all this really cute stuff for your blog?
Post a Comment