"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

8.28.2009

What's going on with you?


We went camping at Bear Lake with Corey's family at the beginning of the month. Although his whole family was never there all at the same time (we have a hard time with that...).

Playing frisbee when we first got there.



The fire Corey started with one match, no paper, no liquid help. He was proud. His scout/Camp Loll leaders would be, too.


The S'more Corey made with two homemade milk and white chocolate chip cookies and his oh-so-perfect marshmallow in the middle. I had one bite to try it and it was kind of a sweet-ness overload.
Nathan completely loved the tramp. So did his cousins.




We only stayed for one night because one of my very best friends got married. Love him and now I love her! It was so great. Really. I love my friends...


We also went camping again with my cousins Mike, Jen, and Ethan and Brad, Steph, Tyler, and Jackson. I forgot my camera though and I haven't been sent any pictures yet (hint hint!! :) ) But we had lots of fun.

Then we've been getting ready for school to start and had all kinds of problems that I won't go into. Sometimes I really hate the people who run payroll/scholarship/federal funds for the Army. I mean seriously. Let me do your job because I bet I could do it better.

We also went to Jackson Hole on a motorcycle trip, but that was so cool it's getting it's own post.

As a kind of last hoo-rah before school started officially, we went to Bloomington Lake with some of Corey's oldest friends, Matt and Nat. It's just north and west of Bear Lake and it was way fun. Which is obvious by the upcoming photos. (Yes, I actually did the rope swing, no I did not jump off the cliff. One thing at a time people!)



So I can't upload any videos right now. I think it's an issue with the Mac thing so I'll work on that but Matt and Corey cliff jumped and Corey was a little wimpy. It took him forever to get the guts to do it! But finally it happened. So much for calling him an Army man...

And then they brought a log back. I don't know why. Nor do they. They are boys. But Nathan wanted a turn.





Then we went over to the rope swing.






Of course Nat just had fun wading in the water and helping watch Nathan. So I had to get a picture of us.

We had a ton of fun and love hanging out with them.



Nathan's swim suit was so muddy we ended up just taking it off. How cute is that?



1 comment:

Thomas Family said...

I got the hint...but I don't have all that many of you guys. I will send the ones that i do have soon.