"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

1.26.2010

A Fabulous Day of Housework. Yes, housework. And yes, fabulous.

All because of these which now belong to me. (Well, us, but let's be real...me).

I now have my own washer and dryer in our unfinished basement. There were no hook-ups so when we moved here, we gave away the ones we had in our trailer with the idea that I would just use the motel's laundry rooms. This seemed fine because they are huge and can hold a lot, but quickly turned into annoying. I could never do laundry in the middle of the day because the maids were here washing the sheets and towels. That meant I could only do laundry in the evening when things were busy for me. That's when people are checking in and I'm making dinner and doing family time and bath/bed time. It was such a project that I would put it off until the very last second and then would have to spend the entire evening folding massive amounts of laundry all at once. It was for surely a nuisance.

Well, Not No More!

Corey's two cousins (brothers of the owner) build the pedestal and put in the water hook-ups (they're right below the kitchen sink so it was pretty easy, considering). They also had to put in a dryer vent (they drilled a hole right through the brick!) Then we had a furnace guy come in and do a gas line splitter from the furnace to the dryer. The past two days have been wonderful to do laundry at my leisure. AND they work WONDERFUL! They are a little high-tech for me. I really needed to think about all the buttons to push.

I LOVE THEM!

9 comments:

L.Jo said...

Awesome! I'm so jealous - I hate our coin-op laundry room with a passion!

Matt, Nat, Hallie & Gracelyn said...

So exciting yeah for great ideas

Mama Bear said...

Yeah for you! I absolutely LOVE my front loaders and don't know how I did laundry without them. So glad you are now able to have your time in the evening to do something besides folding clothes!

The Bowler Five said...

I too love the front loaders! Yea for you guys!

Jessica said...

Isn't it amazing that you suddenly love laundry after working around someone elses schedule for awhile! I'm glad you got them - you will LOVE them. I absolutely love my front loaders (like everyone else already posted)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys got them put in, how did they do the drain? Just wondering

Kristalyn said...

SOO SOOO SOOOOO Jealous!! Completely & totally jealous. That's so fabulous for you to have your own now. I know I most certainly only ever do laundry at my leisure so I can't imagine not having my own set. But yours--they are WAYY fancier than mine. I'll trade you!

Bella Announcements said...

NIIIIIIIIICEEEEE! Oh the things we cherish when we are mothers!

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is... YEA YEA YEA!!