"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

5.22.2010

Finally Blogging










2nd 5k. Race for the Cure in Salt Lake City. Loved it. So inspiring with all the people that came out to support breast cancer. My cousin's wife, Jen's, mom is fighting it. I'm so happy we got to run it with her. I felt on the verge of tears on more than one occasion. It was really great. Our time was a rough estimate because they weren't timing us. We're just going off Corey's watch time. But, I knocked somewhere between 2-3 minutes. It was different running with Corey because he really pushed my speed. I didn't think I could really go that fast for so long. I felt good though. I still love it. Next races aren't until June 12 and June 19. Hopefully I can knock even more time off!
The running across the finish line picture is totally posed. We didn't see Mike and Mike didn't see us. Can you tell? :) But can you blame him? There were thousands upon thousands of people there. Again, so inspiring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot woo! Love it! Good luck at your other races!e

Jessi said...

I'm so proud of you Mindi! You're the coolest:) It makes me think I should get training for the 12 mile bike race I've got coming up in a few weeks:) 12 miles- not long for some, long for me:)