Ogden Clinic Shadow Valley Elementary 5K / 1-mile
My first one went great and I loved it! My time was 31:31, which is a 10:08 mile. That is pretty close to what I'd been practicing on the treadmill in running 6.0 mph which is a 10 minute mile. I was 69th overall out of maybe 250 or so and the 7th woman in my age group.
I realize this isn't a super fast time for only 3.2 miles, but my goal for my first time was to just not walk. I wanted to keep running the whole time. Which I totally did. I paced myself really good and was pleased with how good I felt. I only almost got a side ache once, just a little, so I lifted my arms and concentrated on my breathing and it went away. I wanted to really speed it up and go strong at the end, but I didn't know how much farther I had until I was almost done. I'm not very familiar with Ogden. Nor do I have a super fancy running gadget. Someday though. Someday.
I totally loved the 5k. I can't wait to do another one on Saturday again. Corey ended up not running with me because we woke up late so he took care of the motel and Nathan and I just hurried and got ready then left.
So I realize that my body is kind of twisted in this picture. I consciously try to not twist when I run because I don't want to waste my energy with extra movements. Hopefully, I look like this just because I was slowing down or something.
p.s. Thanks goes to Hazen and Charlotte for the picture


6 comments:
Congrats on your first 5k! I can't wait to see you on Saturday for the next one!
You rock girlfriend!!!
You are so great Mindi, Good Job!!
Yay! This is fabulous! Maybe if I ever get warmer weather I will be able to start running too! Then we could do a half marathon together... Whaddaya think?
you go girl! Good luck with the next one.
Congrats! You look awesome! That's a good time too.
Post a Comment