I apologize for the horrible photos taken with my absolute-cheapest-Verizon-phone-possible. They don't do it justice.
Nathan fell out of his mock big boy bed (i.e. crib with the front taken off) during his nap on Saturday. I'm not completely sure what he hit his head on because there's nothing in the way. The only possibility is the rocking chair, which is still weird. I watched it swell. It was immediately bruised. I put olive oil on it. {olive oil is my new cure all. It makes bumps and stuff not swell, or not swell as bad. But you need to put it on right after the bumpage happens. It really does work. Nathan's goose egg wasn't as later that night as it was right after it happened.}
So it could be a lot worse. Today, it's looking better. But there's still a bump and the bruising has turned a yellowish color, which I know is good in bruise world, but bad to look at.
4 comments:
Ew that does look bad. Never heard the olive oil thing before, but my mother-in-law told me to use butter right after a bump and it's supposed to stop the bruising. You know, all the nasty colors. It's actually worked pretty good for me, as long as I'm close to a fridge with butter which isn't often the case...
Not fun at all...poor kid...bruises are not fun.
Oh poor little guy, Jaden had one of those over the weekend from hitting himself with the car door while opening it. Kids are so resilient though!! Your little Nathan is such a cutie :-)
Poor kid. It sure was fun seeing you on Saturday.
Post a Comment