The day started out with sprinkles on pancakes. I make pancakes almost every morning, so it's not that special other then the fact that he totally loves them all the time. These did have sprinkles and a candle. He also got a candle in his peanut butter sandwich. He's pretty routine, so I had to spruce it up a bit. He did tell me he needed to eat his vegetables, so I cut up some carrot sticks.
Nathan had a Super Why! birthday party. The kids had to find the super letter to spell out our super story answer. I had a banner to attach all the letters to that said Happy Birthday Nathan. We played musical chairs to songs from the show I downloaded. The winner got a Super Why sticker. We also played a form of twister, but I just had letters all over the floor and they had to simply put a hand on a certain letter, or a foot. Then we opened presents and ate cake pops! I asked my friend, Anbre, to take pictures to document. I knew I'd be a little too busy and really wanted Corey to see what we did.
"See, kids? This really is fun!"
Corey gave Nathan an army uniform for his birthday. We're planning on having him wear it at the airport when Corey comes home. He knew right off the bat what they were and that they were from Daddy.
Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!
Cake pops!
Me coaxing him to say to each friend as he gave them their goodie bag "Thank you for coming to my party!"
"These are all my friends!" says Nathan. Hayden, Aiden, Micah, Issac A., Nathan, Issac L., Emma, Tayven.
My parents came up and brought him a little present. He played for probably a good 45 mins to an hour putting this together and then when it was finished he wanted to do another picture. Way cute gift.
Saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was great. Questions to ask each birthday and see how they've changed.
What is your favorite color? white
What is your favorite toy? My monkey toy
What is your favorite fruit? pears
What is your favorite movie? Incredibles
What is your favorite tv show? Word World
What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? pancakes
What is your favorite thing to wear? Cars jammies
What is your favorite game? Five Little Monkeys
What is your favorite snack? fruit twists
What is your favorite animal? zebra
What is your favorite song? Super Why song
What is your favorite book? Five Little Monkeys
Who is your best friend? Tayven
What is your favorite cereal? rice krispies
What is your favorite thing to do outside? ride my bike
What is your favorite drink? milk
What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
What do you like to take to bed with you at night? blankets & Bear
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? pancakes
What do you want for dinner on your birthday? pancake dinner (remember what he likes to eat for lunch?)
What do you want to be when you grow up? a big daddy
One more thing. At his 4-year check up, he weighed 35lbs (50th%), 41 in tall (60th%).
Love you Nathan! Happy Birthday!
Some funny things Nathan has said that I don't want to forget...
"Nathan, do you need to go potty?" "No. I went last year."
"Wow, that's a lot of poop."
"Wow, that's a lot of toots."
"Wow, that's a lot of boogers."
Mom: Nathan, what are you doing?
Nathan: Oh, any.
Mom: You mean nothing?
Nathan: Oh, yeah, yeah, nothing.
Anybody: Nathan, you're so *insert compliment here* (ex: cute, strong, nice).
Nathan: Yup, I'n are. (no, that is not a typo.)





























1 comment:
I love your Super Why party! What a great idea! I can't believe Nathan is 4!
Post a Comment