"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

3.26.2012

No more Tubes

Nathan got his ear tubes out today. Remember this post when he got them in? I was a little nervous about how it would go. We had to go to the ENT's office, they weighed Nathan, wrote out a prescription for the medicine that makes them forget things. I gave it to him and it only took 10-15 minutes for it to start taking effect. He was acting a little drunk, talked slow, a little slurred, couldn't stand up, his head was going in circles, he'd giggle for no reason, he kept holding out his arm and just staring at his hand, when he'd try to look up he had a hard time holding his head so it wouldn't just fall back. It was actually kind of comical. They laid him down on a chair, I held his arms down so he wouldn't try to grab something, a nurse held his head still, and the doctor reached in his ear through a little metal funnel and pulled the tube out, along with some wax, ew. Nathan did flinch a little, but did great. There are holes where the tubes were that will hopefully heal themselves. We go in for a check-up in 6 weeks to make sure everything is healing right. He was still a little out of it most the evening. When we got home, he kept trying to walk around and would say "Mom, look," as he was practically falling and not walking straight. I kept having to tell him "I know, Nathan, it's from the medicine you took. You need to just sit down for minute so you don't fall over and hurt yourself." I wanted him to just lay down for a minute so I could get Nora some dinner (and me!). Crazy kid. He was pretty much back to normal by about 7:00. He's such a good little guy.

No comments: