"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

8.25.2008

We're going to the County Farm! ...I mean Fair...

Corey makes fun of me all the time because I am a "city girl" and he is a "country boy." This weekend was the Box Elder County Fair and Corey's dad is way involved with it - it's probably the biggest event of the summer over in Tremonton. Anyway, I think it's way fun so I got out my hat because it's the only time I get to wear it. As we were getting into the car, we saw our neighbors across the street and I yelled over, "Hey, guess where we're going? The County Farm!" And then he just looked at me, and Corey said, "Fair, Mindi, fair." Then I said, "Oh yeah. I mean the County Fair." I knew that's what it was called, but it just came out that way!
Natalie did get me to go on a ride with her...I've become a bit of a wimp in my old age...and it was fun! Jaiden wasn't even the one screaming...nor was really anyone else. I was mostly just me and Nat!


Can't wait for next year's County Farm!

2 comments:

The Smith said...

Hey Mindi, maybe you are on to something- maybe Tremonton needs a county fair AND a county farm! You should contact the local city activity makers and see what they think:)

Jen said...

You look so cute in your cowgirl hat! The fair is a big hit at our house too and I love that you were the ones screaming on the rides!