This week has been a roller coaster. Monday I found out that 2 friends from high school had passed away over the weekend in completely unrelated instances and both very unexpectedly. Adrianne and Cody. There are good moments and bad moments. But, I have continually been pondering. Here are a couple of my thoughts.
This could have just as easily happened to me, to Corey, our family, or any of my other friends. Would they have truly known how much I care for them? How much they have taught me? How much I look up to them? These relationships are way to important to not let those people you care about the most know. Do they know? Do you all know? If not, I am truly sorry, down to the deepest parts of my very soul.
I can't help but wonder if these two friends were ready. You know what I mean. If I was taken today, if you were taken home today, am I ready? Are you ready? Have I spiritually done my very best every day? Am I as strong as my Heavenly Father expected of me? We do not have tomorrow. We do not have next week, next month, next year. We have today. We have right now. And that's it. So what are you going to do right now?
Adrianne loved to write. She was the English Sterling Scholar in high school and an English major at Utah State. Her parents had literally hundreds of pages of her writings. Poems. Stories. Feelings. Thoughts. Interests. Loves. If I left today, would my loved ones have that also? No, they wouldn't. I go in spurts when I write in my journal. It's something that's really been on my mind as something that I really need to work on. When Christ visited the Nephites, (3 Nephi 23:7) he said to Nephi, Bring forth the record which ye have kept. What if he says that to me? To us? Would I have anything to really give him?
Tonight I feel better about things. It was good to go to her funeral today, to see her, hug her family, hear words about what would be missed, and stories about her spunk and love of life. What a blessing friends are. What a blessing the gospel is. What a blessing to be reminded of what is important.
2.12.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment