The plan: Make cookies and frost one (or however many you want) with toothpaste (or mayo or miracle whip) instead of frosting. After baking some sugar cookies, I was going to frost a couple toothpaste ones first, be in the process of frosting with real frosting when Corey came home from school, and then say, "Corey! You're just in time to help us frost some cookies! We've already had some, but why don't you try one!" And then some how grab a picture of what his face looked like when he took a bite.
What actually happened: Corey's last class of the day was canceled so he came home early. I was just finishing cleaning off the table to we could start frosting the cookies, which obviously meant that there were no toothpaste cookies ready for him to eat. SO! Immediate Improv! The last pan was in the oven so as soon as I pulled them out, I sprinkled them with salt and cinnamon, instead of sugar and cinnamon. Corey came into the kitchen and said, "I thought you were going to frost them." So I said, as I finished sprinkling on the mixture, "I am but on the ones that have already cooled. I'm putting cinnamon sugar on these ones that I just took out. Here try one." Then I handed him the cookie, he walked over to the sink (how nice of him to not want to get crumbs on the floor) and took a bite. It only took one bite and then I couldn't even look at him anymore because I was trying not to laugh out loud. So when he looked at me to say something like, "Oh, hun, you put way too much salt in these," and saw that I was laughing, he knew. And, oh, did he know.
Quick thinking for an April Fool's Day save!!
Mindi: 1
Corey: 0
4.01.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You need to add when Corey told you that he was going to get you back.
Funny! i totally spaced that that was today, as i ussually do. And as usual I spent last week thinking up all these great ideas! But lets be honest, Rich and I have seen about 2 minutes of each other today anyway:)
That is to funny! I think if I would have done that to Joe he would have liked to cookie with salt. Joe LOVES salt way to much. How funny. I wish you could have gotten a picture.
Haha, that was some quick thinking. I am impressed. Nice job Mindi!
You're funny.
That was fast thinking! I'll have to remember that toothpaste trick for next year. So... I guess you know my brother? Small world. I'll have to ask him about you guys!
Post a Comment