"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

4.17.2009

Two posts in one day to make up for lost time

Here's our Easter. We had a great day! We ended up staying to Logan which was so nice and relaxing! It was great to not be rushed to one family or the other (even though I love you all, don't get me wrong). After we got home from church, we made 'Happy Easter' phone calls to familia and then I put a turkey in the oven! My first one! We forgot to take a picture of it before we ate, so here it is after to prove that some was eaten AND it tasted good!
I know... Not your traditional meal, but I bought this turkey for only a few pennies at Thanksgiving because of fabulous turkey vouchers. I've never had a reason to cook an entire turkey for just me and Corey so this was perfect! My friend Richard and his fiancee, Aubree, came over for dinner. We loved spending time with them and I am loving getting to know Aubree! We did have a ton of leftover turkey still and have enjoyed many turkey sandwiches and adding it is various other dishes. I still plan to make some soup, too.

So, the entire time the turkey was cooking, we just hung out!! We had beautiful music playing in the background all day and when Nathan woke up from his nap, we played and went outside enjoying the beautiful sunny weather that was here! (before the snow came again)Daddy took Nathan on his first motorcycle ride, a whole 6 inches!! Nathan loves Daddy's motorcycle. He points to it now and does that raspberry thing with your lips that tickles your nose. When he hears a sound outside like a motorcycle, he looks around or at the door to see if it's Daddy. In the picture on the bottom left, he was actually pulling the throttle back and it was getting louder and louder. Of course, he just smiled. Boy? Or what?

So back tracking a little... Corey had a meeting that morning before church, so me and Nathan did our own quick little thing to welcome what the Easter bunny left!Here are various pictures to show the beautiful 'BEFORE' and 'AFTER' the destruction came in the form known as Nathan. He's still cute and no matter how big of a mess he makes, I can just clean it up. He has fun and we like taking pictures to document.


Here is Nathan eating the chocolate treat the Easter Bunny left. I gave that bunny specific instructions that the only chocolate/sugar treats he could leave for Nathan was one chocolate marshmallow egg. There was one for each of us and two Cadbury eggs each for Mom and Dad. Simple and Perfect! The three books are The Hungry Caterpillar, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, and We're Going on a Bear Hunt. We love books are our house and if you're ever wondering for a gift idea, a book is a great one!



This is the annoying, I mean very musical, little chicken left by the Easter Bunny. It's already running out of batteries because of how many times it gets turned on. Oh well, it will only last until I get around to putting the Easter decorations away! I think I can stand it for a little bit longer!

1 comment:

The Holmgrens said...

Nathan is the cutest! I can't believe he walked clear into the kitchen! Way to go Nathan!