"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

2.22.2011

There is Light at the End of the Tunnel

We are getting carpet on THURSDAY! And did I mention we're getting it in our WHOLE HOUSE? Cool huh. So he's gonna do the basement on Thursday and Friday. Then we'll take a couple of days to move furniture down that is going downstairs and then we'll tear out the upstairs carpet before he comes back to do the rest. I can't wait.

This is Kerry. We couldn't have done it without him. And all the other friends who have helped us out.

These are from the day we painted. We rented a sprayer. It was good minus a little drama, but it all worked out. The pictures are horrible because of all the 'stuff' floating around in the air. It was funny to see how covered we were when the day was finally done. We stayed in one of our motel rooms for 2 nights because the smell was so strong.







And now we are ready for carpet! There's just a few more things we need to clear out. This is the 'office' which you see right when you come down the stairs.

Then you make a U-turn to walk down the 'hallway'. The door on your right is the door to the storage room. The midget door on the left is the playroom under the stairs. It's just painted white right now to get it finished. I haven't decided exactly how I want to decorate it yet. And then you see my glorious laundry room.

Here's the storage room, minus all the storage except for the food. All the boxes that were down in the basement are currently hiding in what we call the cubby. There's a little spot by the laundry room that gives you access to it. They're kind of hard to get to which is why my Christmas decorations are still up. I know. Gross. We'll probably start moving everything over tomorrow. I'm going to buy a bunch of plastic bins to store everything in, instead of cardboard boxes. I mean, why not?

Then there's the family room. We're going to have a projector and a pull down screen in front of the fireplace as our TV. I can't wait to not have a TV upstairs. Just quiet. That's what I want.

And Nathan's room.

So we're moving right along. This downstairs will be such a nice addition to our house and for our family. More pictures will be coming soon!!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

That looks so awesome. Way to go you guys! I can't wait to see it with carpet!

Anonymous said...

I love basement updates! It's looking so good!

Brianne said...

It's looking great! You will love that when you are done! Congrats on being almost there!

Jacqueline said...

Did you guys buy a house? Or is this the house at the motel?

The Ballash Blog said...

I love the playroom under the stairs! That is soo fun!!!