"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

11.01.2012

Gratitude Appreciation Month: Day 1

I am grateful for my wonderful husband. He is so loving and supportive. He helps so much with the house and the kids. They love him. And I love him. I am also incredibly grateful for our eternal marriage. The covenants we made together will last forever.



In other news...

This was our fun black and orange dinner last night. Homemade "refried" black beans, crackers just for fun, carrots sticks, and clementines.


In all the fun last night, I totally forgot to take a picture of the kids trick-or-treating. We had lots of fun though. When we got home, Nathan picked 10 pieces of candy that he wanted to keep. Then while he was asleep, The Great Pumpkin came and traded the rest of his candy for $5 for him to buy a new toy or something. He was really excited about it.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

You are so creative! Love the wedding pic. You guys are so cute!

Becca Lund said...

will you please come and mother my child? Seriously, you are incredible. I let my son eat candy before breakfast this morning -- what is wrong with me!!!!

Maybe I should trade all of his candy for a toy, so I don't eat it all.

*Katie* said...

Love this. I'm so calling the great pumpkin tonight.