"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

11.05.2012

Gratitude Appreciation Month: Day 5

Today I am thankful for payday.

No, not the candy bar. The MOO-LAH!


Our bimonthly direct deposit came in this morning and we weren't even down to $0 before it came. So that means I'm also thankful for strict budgets. They can be really hard sometimes, and take discipline, but are worth it in the end.


Corey and I had a proud moment the other night. He was seriously craving some pizza. Usually, if one of us says something about wanting to eat out, the other goes for it. I cook a lot, like a lot. Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy it. But it can be hard to keep up on all the dishes, and it does get a little tiring. If Corey wants to go buy food, that means I don't have to cook and there is virtually no clean up. If I want to go buy food, Corey does not argue because otherwise he would have to cook and that just ain't happenin'. So anyway, Corey wanted pizza. Well, I put my foot down and whipped up some homemade whole wheat pizza dough, we already had a few things, and I just ran to the store to grab a couple more. So we had a completely delicious dinner of homemade pizza and green monster smoothies (or here! or here!)

Now, I can't mention payday without also mentioning our job, you can't have one without the other. Our motel managing job has been the hardest, most stressful thing I have ever done. It's been hard on our marriage, my sanity, my mothering abilities, my spirituality, my social life. There are days that I couldn't care less about these customers. But, it has also been one of the greatest blessings to our family. We have yet to pay 'rent' to live somewhere. We owned our trailer, which we were able to pay off only 2 years in, and we live here for 'free'. Corey is able to work and go to school at literally the same time. He has breakfast, lunch, and dinner with us virtually everyday. I am able to stay home with our children. Corey is getting good grades because he's able to focus so much of his time on studying. He does not have to go to work all day just to come home and study all night. We have a great boss who is very supportive of us and our needs. He's concerned when we're (and by this I really mean just me) stressed or upset. He really tries to make sure we are taken care of.

p.s. If you haven't yet, you should 'like' our facebook page.
p.s.s. If you haven't yet, you should come stay a night in the motel and hang out with us! Everybody's doing it...

1 comment:

Darci said...

It's so nice to know I'm not the only one who loves payday!