So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm grateful for The Book of Mormon and what it teaches me about my Savior, Jesus Christ.
11.07.2012
Gratitude Appreciation Month: Day 7
I was trying to think all day about something I was thankful for and was having a hard time. Not because I don't know that I am an incredibly blessed woman, it was just one of those days. It wasn't until after the kids went to bed that I sat down at the kitchen table and was able to receive some spiritual encouragement. I've been studying Preach My Gospel. It was something Corey gave me awhile ago, either before we had kids or right after Nathan was born, I can't remember exactly. We had a family home evening lesson on it. We talked about how it was important for a mother to know all of these lessons just like a missionary in order to teach her children, and especially future missionaries. He said you could substitute the word 'mother' every time you saw the word 'missionary' and it would fit. One example that I read last night: "An important part of a missionary's mother's duty is to bear testimony of the current prophet and president of the Church." (pg. 38) I have started and stopped this deep study a couple of times, but am determined to keep it up this time. So last night I was studying about the Restoration. I felt the spirit as I was reading. I read some great verses in 2 Nephi chapter 3 that made my testimony grow about the prophet Joseph Smith and The Book of Mormon.
So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm grateful for The Book of Mormon and what it teaches me about my Savior, Jesus Christ.
So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm grateful for The Book of Mormon and what it teaches me about my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment