Friends! My kids gave me a wonderful Thanksgiving present. Their flu bug! Tuesday night, Nora was so sweet to throw up all over me. My shirt, pants, her jammies, the floor, the wall (as I was on my way trying to make it to the bathroom), her blanket. Wednesday was fabulous (for real this time). The woke up basically all better. I got to make pies and food with my mom all day. Then just in time for dinner, I started feeling sick. My dad gave me a blessing (Corey wasn't here yet because I cam down early to help my mom with Thanksgiving). I read Nora a story and put her down. Then I read Nathan a story and barely made it upstairs to the toilet to throw up myself. I slept/rested all morning today. I did feel good enough by noon to take a shower and get dressed. I made it down for our Thanksgiving dinner, although I didn't eat very much. But I did feel good enough to at least visit and be with everyone. Then we went to my uncle's church to have pie with all of my cousins. So many of them were all in town for the holiday and it had been so long since we'd all been together. It was great to see everyone!
Day 21
Today I am so thankful for my mom! We had such a good day in the kitchen together. We always have fun together and can talk about anything. What's that picture I saw on Pinterest? "The older I get the more I realize my mother is the best friend I've ever had." Something like that... and it's true. My mom is always there. She knows when to call me when I'm having a hard day. I can always talk to her about everything. I love my mom.
Day 22
I'm so thankful for my family. I have a great dad. A super awesome brother, who I'm so proud of. And a great extended family. We had a great Thanksgiving today. It's a tradition to go around the room after you eat and say what you are thankful for and I love it. It's a time for us to all reflect as a family on the blessings we have.
Today has been a really great holiday, despite the fact that I was so sick this morning I couldn't stand up without almost passing out (for real that happened. I had to yell for Corey to help me get back to bed). And then tonight to feel almost completely back to normal. It's been a great day.
Happy Thanksgiving!
11.22.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment