"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

11.02.2014

Gratitude day 1 and day 2

It's that time of year again! Gratitude month! So here it goes...

Day 1: I am so so so blessed to be married to this great man. I cannot say enough how much I love him, appreciate him, adore him. He is so good to me. So good to our kids. Loves me. Loves the kids. Is such a good dad. And, he's pretty cute, too!

Day 2: Since Lexie's birthday will forever be in November, she can have her own whole day to herself for gratitude month. Which means I get to do the other kids separate, too! More fun that way!!
I am so grateful for my Nathan. He is truly is great big brother, very loving, so helpful, so understanding. He is very inquisitive and truly wants to his best and do the right thing. He asks lots of questions about things, you can tell he's really trying to understand it. Sometimes I find myself getting annoyed, but I try to quickly stop that and use it as a teaching moment. He is quite sensitive to the spirit and recognizes when he feels it. He says great prayers and has started 'reading' his own scriptures. He's learning to read of course, but he really loves to copy down scriptures with a pencil or something. He has recently read 1 Nephi 3:7 and practically has it all memorized now. I'm grateful that he is such a sweet kid that also loves having fun and being a rambunctious boy at the same time. I am going to hold on to that innocence as long as I can because I know it won't last forever. 


P.S. Hilari got engaged today! We really like Phil and are so excited for him to become part of our family!

No comments: