I posted this on a Facebook group I'm in for our doTERRA team. I can't even say how grateful I am for this...
Our family recently had a semi traumatic and very stressful (for mom) experience. That story will come in another post, another day. But I did want to share a little-ish thing that is really quite amazing in my mind. I am still nursing my barely 12 month old, and because of the stress I was feeling from this traumatic experience, my milk supply almost completely dried up. Saturday was ok, Sunday was low, Monday was very low, Tuesday was practically gone. I could tell and was using fennel but it wasn't doing anything. The timing of drying up when the comfort was needed now more than ever was devastating to me. I also used the mood matrix several times, knowing that I had a lot of anxiety and stress and trapped emotions that I was having a hard time releasing. Every time I tried to nurse, it just made both me and my daughter very upset. Wednesday morning, I had a compete meltdown after attempting to nurse again and not having a single drop. All those tears shed were those trapped emotions and stress leaving my body. I miraculously had a friend going to Orem that day and she very willingly picked up a Will Call order for me with some Basil and a few other oils I needed. I started applying Basil as well as Myrrh and Clary Sage. And the miracle...I was able to nurse my daughter that night. A full feeding! I have continued to apply basil and fennel after each nursing and have not only brought my supply back, but have been able to increase it from 2/day to 4 times today. I feel like the extra calories and comfort and bonding are something that she needs right now. I know this is a long post, but to summarize, I went from no milk supply to nursing 4 times a day in only 2 days because of essential oils. (p.s. I was also trying to eat balanced, and I drank lots of water, and I prayed a lot .)
11.20.2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment