"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

11.18.2014

Gratitude day 18


Update: this was Lexie's hand when I changed the bandage tonight. We had a wound check today at the pediatrician's. We are going to the burn center at the U tomorrow. When there are burns over knuckles, they want to make sure there is minimal scaring, etc or the joints won't function the same. The pediatrician said they will cut off all the dead skin. The ER doctor said the best bandage for a burn is your own skin. So I'm not sure what to expect when I go tomorrow. I'm a little nervous.

I'm thankful today was a better day than yesterday. I did cry tonight after the kids went to bed, but that's only once and yesterday it was twice plus a headache plus lots of tension. Nora should have had a nap today and she didn't which means that she was extra whiny and emotional by the evening. Which just really tests my patience. I didn't jump at her though, which is something I've really been working on, I'm just really really ready for them to go to bed. And then I cried a little.

I'm also grateful for the scriptures. I haven't been truly studying them the last few days, but I have been doing more lately than I have in years. Which does feel really good. The texting group with my sisters-in-law has been such a blessing. I really enjoy reading everyone's spiritual thoughts. Its been very uplifting and I feel like it's brought us closer as well.

1 comment:

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

I am grateful for you posts! You have great perspective. I'm sorry about the burned hand and all that goes with that. Add me to the people praying for you!