"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, I am not the creative type. If that is how you feel, think again. Creation is your opportunity in this life….. Start small. Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you. You will make the World a better place. Improve, beautify, extend, smile, cultivate, develop, create."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

11.15.2014

Gratitude day 15

Oh what a day we have had today. During the night last night Nora and I both got sick and threw up. I'm sure it's the same thing that Nathan had a couple of days ago. So we started the day feeling weak and tired already. This afternoon Corey and I were teaching a doTERRA class together. I really didn't want to cancel the class. So I rested as much as I could and felt okay to still go. The class went well and it was a big success. We got a lot of positive feedback. We might be doing the class together as a webinar for my friend Robyn. We'll see how that goes soon. But then we ended up spending the evening at the ER. Lexie touched the hot glass on the fireplace. Her whole left palm of her hand got burned as well as two knuckles on her right hand. I grabbed some oils on our way out the door. And put them on her hand as much as I could on our way to the hospital and while we were waiting to be bandaged up. We will go on Tuesday for a wound check. I'm going to be very diligent in applying essential oils to her feet and her spine since both hands are covered in a bandage. We finally got home about 7:15 and hadn't had anything to eat since lunch. Nora sat by us at the table and wanted milk. Then about 2 minutes later she threw up. Oh this day...

I am grateful that Lexie's hand wasn't worse. The glass could've been hotter. It could have been her face or even her whole body. It was heartbreaking to hear her cry for so long.




No comments: